Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluesbrother

Fuel mixture screw

11 posts in this topic

For the '05, there's a small silver plug over the port that you have to remove and then you can get to the screw. Look at the Yamaha Parts diagram for the '05 carburetor here and you'll see where it's located. It's part number 24, "pilot screw set." Most of us have put in a Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw for convenience unless you like having to pull your carb every time you want to adjust the screw...SC

mine had no plug????

It is in the tiny hole just infront (engine side) of the float bowl drain plug on the bottom of the carb.

Get the Zip-Ty screw BEFORE you go to adjust it! Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget the spring, washer and O-ring from and 04 or 03 stock fuel screw to use with the Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw! :)

Dont forget the spring, washer and O-ring from and 04 or 03 stock fuel screw to use with the Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw! :)

I used my '05 spring, washer and o-ring. Have I missed something???

I used my '05 spring, washer and o-ring. Have I missed something???

no you should be fine

How did you guys remove the plug to get to the screw? I haven't even paid that much attention to it yet, but I know there is a plug. On my street bike, I used my drill with a small bit and drilled through it ( very slowly ) until I hit bottom and pulled it straight out while it was still on the bit. Will this work the same for the wr? :)

How did you guys remove the plug to get to the screw? I haven't even paid that much attention to it yet, but I know there is a plug. On my street bike, I used my drill with a small bit and drilled through it ( very slowly ) until I hit bottom and pulled it straight out while it was still on the bit. Will this work the same for the wr? :)

On mine i threaded a sheetrock screw into the hole of the disc and pulled it out. I was expecting alittle trouble but it came out real easy :)

I used a small little pick and worked it back and forth after spraying a little WD40 on it. Came out fairly easy.

i've pulled the plug then turned the screw to the bottom and backed it out and it won't fall out the hole.