Removing the Grey wire on a 05 WR450F.

I bought an 05 WR450F a couple of weeks ago, WOW, Big change from an (nobody laugh now) 83 XR350. I had the dealer take out the throttle stop and change the pipe tip. I will be re-jetting and removing the AIS. Can anyone tell me how removing the Grey wire will affect the performance, I know it changes the timing to that of the YZ but, is it going to be noticeable? Can I change it back or does it change it permanently.

Do a search, us who bought this bike right when it came out already busted this topic :)

Below 1/2 throttle you won't notice a difference IMO. After 1/2 throttle the TPS sends a signal and the timing stops advancing and retards some (15 degrees I think I read). Some people put a toggle switch on the grey wire so they can switch between wr and yz timing but from what I understand you have to shut the bike off for it to take effect.

I unplugged mine and never looked back ...

Does anyone know if you can do this mod on the Aussie bikes?

Thanks guys, I'll try it, and I like the toggle switch idea.

Sorry I'm new at this,how do I do a search on passed talks?

Does anyone know if you can do this mod on the Aussie bikes?

Only '05 450's I think from what I have read. I have did the mod and I don't know if it has did anything. :)

Sorry I'm new at this,how do I do a search on passed talks?

Go all the way to the top right and click search. You can search by key phrase, room, date etc :)

Thanks.

You will notice a difference in the higher rpm range. Yes you can put it back. I read somewhere that you should not pull the grey wire out of it's boot beacuse it will mess up the water proff seal for the other wires on that connector. I cut the wire about half way so I can splice it back together it I wanted to. But I don't.