HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Powerband

Jets for a 01wr426 vs. 00wr400

4 posts in this topic

Are all the carburetor jets, especially the Main and Pilot jets for a 01wr426 the same as a 00wr400? In other words, can I use the jets from a 00wr400f in my new 01wr426f?

In addition, I was informed that the jets for a 01yz250f are even the same as a 01wr426f and a 00wr400f.

Can anyone verify this?

[This message has been edited by Powerband (edited 03-04-2001).]

The ’00 and ’01 carbs are the same, but the bikes are jetted differently. I believe the 426 has a smaller pilot (42 vs. 45) and a different needle (DRS vs. DRR) but the same main (165). The accelerator pump duration was also changed for ’01 via a different pump diaphragm.

The 250 has a 37 mm carb, but I don’t know if it is a Flat CR like the ’00 and ’01 400/426 or a Slant like the ’98 & ’99. The Flat uses a “normal” Keihin pilot jet (like in PWKs) but the Slant does not.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 03-05-2001).]

Thanks, and I did get a little information that I need, but I am specifically trying to find out if the jets themselves are interchangable between the bikes. Not necessarily if the jetting is the same.

I would like to know for example, if I pulled out a 48 main jet from a 00wr400, will if fit in a 01wr426.

Hick answered some of that by saying they are the same carbs and so obviously they should use the same jets. I just want to make sure they are interchangable between the bikes.

Thanks.