HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
35yz450F

Foot Peg At Rest Angle

2 posts in this topic

I noticed the day I picked up my bike that the left foot peg doesn't rest perpendicular to the frame. With the excitement of having a brand new motorcycle for the first time I didn't think anything of it.

footpeg.jpg

Now that I'm dialing the bike in (and have been riding other bikes) I noticing my foot feels higher up. Its also killing my boot. :) Anyone else have this going on with their YZ?

I'm considering pulling the foor peg and shaving down the base where it contacts the frame until its perpendicular, but I'm apprehensive breaking out the grinder wheel on the titanium peg.

The '05 Honda CRF's are coming the same way. I guess the new trend is to have this slight camber to the pegs. Fastway has a spacing system to allow the same camber in an aftermarket peg. They claim that it helps keep your knees closer to the bike. I agree, it probably does. It looks like the manufacturers are just copying what is being offered in the aftermarket.

Also, my IMS Pro-Series pegs have this camber to them as well.