HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thouk

RTT Motorsports steering stabilizer

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I just got my 650R back on the road. I installed CRF450R forks on it and a new RTT Motorsports steering stabilizer. I am very impressed by the stabilizer. I had the forks on the bike before the install of the stabilizer. The stabilizer made a world of difference for my daulsport riding. Usually at about 75-80 miles an hour and over I would get a slight head shake. After the install I don't any shake at all except for my belly. I have pictures at my Yahoo site if you want to look.

http://photos.yahoo.com/houk27

I changed the fork oil and seals. I put in 10 weight oil hoping that this would offset the extra weight of the pig. It seems to help out. I need to take it jumping to see for sure. Well if you are on the fence for the stabilizer or the forks, I recommend both. Happy riding, Tony

dont set the dial to max; i had seals blow twice---really sweet before i broke it

Tirebiter,

Because I had the custom setup with the Crf forks and the Xr 650R frame, I had to buy it direct from RTT. They set me up with the parts to get it to work. I tryed to call Gpr and they said at least two months before I could get one custom made for me. If you have a stock bike you could go through Thumpertalk and buy it from them. I wish I could have but I am still satisfied. I took it for a ride today on some rocky back roads. It handled like a charm. I am glad I spent the money. After last night driving home at 80 with no head shake I was even happier. Any more questions just ask. Tony