what is this...

I noticed that a bolt is missing from the head. Right side, just behind and above where the header meets the engine. actually on the right side "exhaust valve". what is it and can i just plug it??????????????????

Decomp plug?What year bike is it?If it is a 03 or newer I bet thats what you are talking about!Look at the tt store page ,a guy on here maks cool plugs for it! ?

Can You Plug It With A Bolt???there Are Threads In The Hole....or Does It Need To Be A Rubber Plug Of Some Type That Could Be Blown Out If Needed???????????

Nope no theads it's just a rubber coated plug from yamaha.The one the guy makes is alu and is anodized blue!!

I got to looking and the actual decomp. plug is there. The retaining bolt that goes through the "SIDE" of the head is whats missing. I have put in a bolt to plug it and my bike went back to normal. With the plug missing the bike had a very very bad bog and knocked the power down some. and was a bit@h to start. Now no bog,1 kick starts, and wheelies that never end. Who would have thought.....................