HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flatnacker

Fmf Q Pipe

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I can get a good deal on a new Q exhaust for around $159 USD. Are these anygood? Do they give a noticeable increase in power or are they a bit of a wank like alot of bolt on gear? I have a stocker on at the moment....

Ok...here ya go... BUY IT!!! It's a great deal. I forget which magazine it was, Dirt Rider I think, but the FMF Q was tested and was the best all around pipe over White Bros and a couple of others and showed good power gains across the board on all 4 Japanese bikes.

Yoshi shows the most power gain at $319, but the Q is about the same price. BUY IT. You'll like it. FMF makes a great product.

Also, I have to say, I think that's the pipe I want to get. You're getting a great deal. :)

Highly recommend. Approaching 4k on my 03 and its still at 93db's on the sound check. It really adds to the bottom end........not to mention the weight loss. :)

Highly recommend. Approaching 4k on my 03 and its still at 93db's on the sound check. It really adds to the bottom end........not to mention the weight loss. :)

Hey SMD. Did you mean to write a 2000 zrx1100 in you signature??? :)

Hey SMD. Did you mean to write a 2000 zrx1100 in you signature??? :)

Yes, thats my street bike and she's a honey. :)

Thanks guys :)

With such glowing reviews how could I say no :) It was on ebay, buy it now price of $159. Dunno what freight etc to Australia will set me back but should still work out a good buy.

Was that the one you were looking at Rushfan? If so, sorry mate.... :)

Yes sir. That would be the one. :)

Yes, thats my street bike and she's a honey. :)

I have an 02 zrx1200 ( red ) with mods and she too, is a honey!!! :)

Hey guys, I can get a good deal on a new Q exhaust for around $159 USD. Are these anygood? Do they give a noticeable increase in power or are they a bit of a wank like alot of bolt on gear? I have a stocker on at the moment....

The Q is a quality unit that will get you DB legal in most areas.

Don't expect any power gains, expect power loss (if you were running an open system). You may gain a slight amount on bottom but will loose everywhere else. The Q is not a performance gaining system, it's system to get you DB legal. It is also better for performance than the stock insert or any of the other inserts but it's a bit more money too.

I run the orginal Q on my WR and have been tested several times at 95DB. The newer ones test even lower.

At $159 I would say go for it.