exhaust sealant

I have a fmf factory 4 silencer witha stock header. There is no clamp to seal the two together so what should I use to seal these? High temp silicone?? :)

Is it leaking enough to be a problem? Mine doesn't, although it does pop through the exhaust some. It's not much, and it doesn't bother me, so I don't worry about it.

If yours is leaking more than that, you could try the high temp silicon. I'd go to a GM dealer parts counter and ask for GM's black silicon sealer (the real one, with a GM part number and logo on it). It's a different compound, and it holds up better than the everyday stuff. You want to try to get the sealant to cover as much of the joint as possible without leaving a blob of it hanging off inside the exhaust. Clean of the excess so it looks good. Might work.

Another alternative, if it's really a bad fit, is to call FMF and see if they will do something about it. If not, try a muffler shop. Take the header and midpipe and ask them to expand the header 'til it fits a little tighter.