Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jandiel

Best Mod for the money?

22 posts in this topic

What do you think is the best Modification for the dollar that can be made to improve the YZ450F?

I wish I would of done the suspension about $1000 before I did the rest of the crap to my 450.

Does anyone know if the Rekluse auto clutch is illegal in any races?? Just wondering.

I've got one. I really don't think it is illegal for racing. None of the local race promoters have said anything about it.

Auto clutch is the best mod I have done to mine. Perfect 2nd gear starts is like cheating lol. Oh I go by the don't ask don't tell rule with the racing thing :)

Suspension and a stabilizer. Stabilizer first if you are close to average weight (160-180#) and speed. Suspension first if you are not in the range that the bike came set up for.

He said best mod for the money. Tires and chain,other than that its all bling.

I agree that tires, chains, brakepads etc. are very important, but they are maintenence, not mods. Graphics, colored rims, etc are what I think of as bling.

Best mod dollar for dollar in my opinion was the 13T front sprocket on my bike. I think it was like $12 or something and really livened up first gear and made the bike easier to ride.

I've also gotta say Rekluse auto clutch. It not only makes riding much easier and virtually eliminates stalling, but it allows you to ride aggressively longer.

I agree that tires, chains, brakepads etc. are very important, but they are maintenence, not mods. Graphics, colored rims, etc are what I think of as bling.

sorry when you get your new 450...........lets see how long your stock chain last...........maybe 3 times around the yard. A good quality chain is a mod that will save you money ...........do a search on the stock chains that snap! As for tires yes if you run something other than stock that would be a mod. Like the 756 dunlop is a far better tire than stock, 100's of TT swap these out on a new bike. The starcross is what I read to be a prefered back tire mod over stock. Break pads............I run stock. Brake lines I run steel braided. Not as likely to get a fade with those.

on my '03 a flywheel weight and one less tooth on the rear sprocket has been an excellent mod.

The best money spent will be on springs for your weight and a revalve of your suspension to fit your riding style. You'll be able to go faster with great suspension, everything else is secondary.