HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WFODEZ

Hi Altitude

4 posts in this topic

Was Wondering How The 650r's Run At Hi Altitude, 8000+, Do You Need To Rejet?

i live at 9700 and ride regularly above that. although i am not 100 percent satisfied with my current jetting (i never am), i have only had my 650r for a couple months (die hard two stroke guy), I went from a 68s to a 70 pilot (probably could use a 72), and went from 172 main to a 168, moved the clip one richer than middle, air scew around 1 to 1.5 out. i dont know what you have, but mine is bone stock. everyone says to go leaner at altitude wich is fine on the main, but the pilot circuit needs to be richer for better off bottom perf.

where you ridin?

cya

p

I just did a 6 day ride which took us to about 10K as we were going over some mountain passes. I was running comp needle in 3rd groove, 68s pilot and a 165 main down from a 175 that I usually run. Pilot screw was about 1 1/2 turns out I believe. Bike ran real well and had good pull. No complaints.