HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gladski

Street legal 2000 XR600R

18 posts in this topic

Thinking about buying a 2000 XR600R that's CA street legal. Anyone have any experience with this year (negative or positive)? Planning on using the bike as a daily commuter and offroading in the SoCal deserts and Baja. How's the street performance? Can anyone give me any recommendations about what to look for when inspecting a used bike (for this model or in general)?

Mate Rock solid

I have one but I'm in australia!!!!

Why not get a 650R?

Or better yet get a 650L for the commute - it has e start remember!!!

2000 was the first year of the 650R and the last year for the 600R. They had em both in 2K.

Is there an e start kit for this bike? :) By that time I'll probably have spent enough to get a newer 650L

i have a 2000 xr 600r street legal . i love mine mine is .10 over and runs strong

If you can start it OK, buy it!! I have an old 650L with a carb & pipe, it's simply a blast on road and off. I haven't got into super technical terrain with it but as long as I can finesse the trail or wheelie through the rough stuff it's no problem!

A late model plated 600R should be twice the fun, with more HP and 50 less pounds. I don't think I'd bother with an electric start kit.

Have the same bike (not street legal), and it is great. Starts up within 1-2 kicks no matter what and has enough power to ride a wheelie through almost anything. And I weigh 220-235. Thought about trading it for the 650, but there is no need.

Going to check out the 600R this weekend. What are some good things to look out for when checking out a used bike? :)

I would buy one. for a great price. especially with the price of used xr650r's going down. that would drive down the price of a 600r. with the prices of used 650's around $3000. i would not give more that $2000 for a 2000 600 unless it is mint then maybe $2200 MAX. if it has been ridden much at all, probably 1500-1800.

but then again, you are in cali so the plate is worth alittle...

I'v got a 96 600R with about every mod you can do, it is a little more weight than the 650R but I have a 630 kit and a lot of other work and I smoke about every 650R I see, and it is street legal, I graphed on a BD 450R kit and put on small signals, and the plate is mounted sideways on the back of the airbox, you can hatdly tell the kit is on except for the mirrors, but the good'ol 600R is rock solid and has no water to leak out if you grt hit with big rocks, The 'ol Dino still kicks butt!! :)

If you don't buy the bike, tell me where it is located so I can pick it up.

A good condition 2000 xr600r that has already been plated would be an excellent DS and all purpose trail bike. Proven reliability, good power ,and in CA, the plate is worth a lot.

Thinking about buying a 2000 XR600R that's CA street legal. Anyone have any experience with this year (negative or positive)? Planning on using the bike as a daily commuter and offroading in the SoCal deserts and Baja. How's the street performance? Can anyone give me any recommendations about what to look for when inspecting a used bike (for this model or in general)?

XR600R Info