HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atomictom

Boyesen Quick Shot

Boyesen Quick Shot- Do you like?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Boyesen Quick Shot- Do you like?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the quick shot on thier '04 450? If you have is it good, great, unbelievable or what? :):)

Ive installed them on an 05 only, not an 04...and its a must have IMO

For $100!!! Not a must have in my book when there are cheaper mods out there to produce the same result.

For $100!!! Not a must have in my book when there are cheaper mods out there to produce the same result.

Can you explain what mods are cheaper, that produce the same results? I haven't bought one, but I'm curious on what mods are out there for and 03-05 YZ-450.

I'm not sure about how much difference it will make with a 450, but I'm pretty impressed with it on my 250F. I have no regrets installing it and think it improved my performance.....

and think it improved my performance.....

If you only 'think' it helped is it really worth it???

If you look at the stock acc. pump cover the ports are set to low. Therefore when the diaphram pushes the gas out there is a small pocket of air it has to push out first causing that hesitation in some bikes with the FCR carb. The Quickshot has the ports drilled at the absolute highest point allowing the the cover the fill completely and now all you get is gas when you wick the throttle. I've put it on my 426 and CRF450. It's definitely going on my new 525exc when I get it. :)

Can you explain what mods are cheaper, that produce the same results? I haven't bought one, but I'm curious on what mods are out there for and 03-05 YZ-450.

You can buy different diaphrams for the AC pump to get rid of the "bog", or you can buy smaller leak jets or if you're really cheap, just soder the hole in your stock leak jet.

Do a search for Off Idle Bog and you'll get answers on how to fix what the "Quick Shot" is made to fix. Or read through www.thumperfaq.com . They have a section on AC pump mods that are alot cheaper then dropping a $100 for the "Quick Shot".

I own a 03 wr450 and have the Quick Shot and a #40 Leak Jet and I still have the BOG.......

It has left we wondering why I spent the $$$$.

I installed on my '02 crf450 and have a hell of a time getting the air screw adjusted correctly. I have it almost all the way in and now it is running right. It took some serious time to get it right. good luck. I had to take the stock settings and throw them out the window and just had to play with it.

So are these still recommended on the 05 WR 450??

Need more throttle response down low.

In combination with good jetting, i.e., JD kit, I noticed a good increase in throttle response, bog reduction and overall improved performance. I'd rate it a 8 out of 10 in terms of must have mods.

:banghead:

In combination with good jetting, i.e., JD kit, I noticed a good increase in throttle response, bog reduction and overall improved performance. I'd rate it a 8 out of 10 in terms of must have mods.

:banghead:

I agree. AFTER getting the bike tuned real good, adding it will make it just a bit better.

Installed one on my 03 yz, cant say it made a damn bit of difference. Waste of me hard earned cask. :banghead: