Rekluse Z-Start Install Question

Since it's the weekend I figured someone has has a Rekluse might be able to answer this faster than the company (I want to install on Sunday).

In the instructions, it says to torque the M3 Torx head screws to 10 inch/pounds and the clutch cover bolts to 6 to 8 foot/pounds. What is the equivalent in foot/pounds to inch/pounds (or what is the conversion).

Thanks.

Multiply the 6-8 foot/pounds by 12 to get inch/pounds.

Makes sense, thanks. I'm actually changing the inch to foot so it's lower than my torque wrenches will go. I'll just do it by feel (0.83 ft/lb is pretty low).

No need for loctite on the small screws. You may not get them out later!

They are so fine a thread they should not vibrate loose. I have had mine on and off a few times in the last 2000 miles and the only thing to watch out for is to replace them after the 3rd time since the threads do stretch. ?

No need for loctite on the small screws. You may not get them out later!

They are so fine a thread they should not vibrate loose. I have had mine on and off a few times in the last 2000 miles and the only thing to watch out for is to replace them after the 3rd time since the threads do stretch. ?

You're right, the small fine thread screws "Should" not vibrate loose. That's the operative word.

Who out here is going to take a chance for just one of those machine screws to wreak havoc inside the engine of our precious steeds?

Use blue and you will still be able to remove the small screws.

Fa Git About It!

Dirty

yah your right on that ,the torque required is so low ,it's just good insurance,i've learned the hard way,the torque requirements on all the late model bikes are so low i went out & got a click type inch pound torque wrench from sears it's no fun replacing stripped case & engine bolts

I'm sorry this is a little off-topic, but... Does using the Rekluse clutch remove your engine braking? And the Rekluse isn't a set of clutch plates, right, so it won't wear out, but your clutch plates will? It just seems like an expensive investment, if I had to keep replacing the Rekluse part as well as the clutch plates.

Thanks!

The Rekluse unit itself does not wear out, although the ball bearings may wear their groove channels somewhat after a long period of use. As indicated previously, normal engine braking is retained with the auto clutch down to the point of auto disengagement at which point you would normally be pulling in a manual clutch anyway.

I just finished putting mine in and it works great. I have the perch adjuster my WR450 cabling didn't work with it. I may get a new clutch cable but I'm not sure. I set it up without the perch and it works well.

I used blue Loctite also. NCMtn, thanks for the heads up on heating them on removal. They give you some spares but I don't feel like drilling any out.