HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donald56

yz450 pipe

5 posts in this topic

undefinedhave brand new 2004 yz450 would like to make it as legal as I can for riding in hollistor calif. come october.Would like to know if I need a new muffler for the sound req. and spark arrestor or is there an attachment I can put on the stock pipe that would make it legal.Would like to do it the cheapest way possible.undefined

pro moto billet makes a silent insert with a spark arrester for it probably around $100.00

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.

HIGH COMPRESSION

I also went that route. I got the PMB endcap and the silent insert 2 weeks after I got the bike to quiet it down a little. man, that sucker is loud when its stock isn't it?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It is still loud, but it's quieter than it was and it was a whole lot cheaper than an entire exhaust setup.

I put a stock YZ exhaust on my WR, then added the PMB spark arrestor and quiet insert. After thinking everything was good to go I went to get tested at Hollister. Well I failed at about 99db's :) . The YZ exhaust was almost brand new, the guy I bought it from used it once before going aftermarket. At least I brought my stock pipe w/baffle and got tested with it and got my sticker. Just be careful and do some research before you spend $120 bucks on something that might not pass. I am happy with mine, the performance is great compared to stock but it sucks that it is still a little loud. Oh well, live and learn I guess :)