New Avtar

Photobucket is back up but now we’re having internet problems so it's taking a long time to put this together. I'll post what I have now and pop in more pics when things speed up.

Here’s

the

track. A solid rubber “sprocket” replaces the rear tire and drives the track. The frame mounts to the swingarm with 2 brackets and uses the stock axle as the 3rd mounting point. The chain is still adjusted with the stock adjusters and the track has it’s own set of adjusters.

No ride test yet. I have a bit of adjusting to do and a few nuts and bolts were missing from the kit because the box was damaged during shipping, and my mystery compression loss problem is back and the bike won’t start. I’ve still got a bit of work before I can test this thing out.

It does add a bit of weight to the bike. I grabbed the seat handle to spin the bike around and nearly blew a gasket trying to lift the back end. I hope the traction is everything they’re claiming, ‘cause I won’t be lifting this thing out of a mud hole by myself. ?

thanks for posting pics FB. but where's the snow? usually it's like two feet deep.

does anyone make a cab or 3 point linkage for wr's? that's all there is left to put on it.

Cabs are for wimps, but I am looking at some aluminum snow plow attachments right now.?

hey frosbite where did you get it? ?

Kimpex sent a promo video to a sled dealer here and he gave it to me. It looked good and I ordered it. You must order through an authorized Kimpex dealer but most snowmobile and bike shops carry Kimpex stuff. The track is built in Qeubec. Canada, but is available through dealers in the US and Canada. It's a hair over $1000 Canadian dollars once you're done. The track assembly is a base price and then the adapter kit for your specific model bike is another 80 or 90 bucks.

I was just talking to the Kimpex rep on the phone trying to convince them to release a paddle replacement track. Now that would be awesome! Water crossings would be a joke. ?

Hey Frostbite. i talked with a states rep in Denver, he says that front ski is going to reak havoc on you. i also found pictures at http://www.racerxcanada.com/recent_updates/050402_Kimpex.html. they don't have a ski on it either. apparently it bogs it down. When you ride it keeps the weight on the back tire and not the front.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. How could preventing the front tire from digging in bog the bike down??

What is that guy thinking? ?

I’ve had the ski for 3 years now and it prevents havoc daily. Before I installed it I was making regular trips over the bars. The front tire would bury itself into soft patches of snow and stop me dead. Now my only trouble is keeping the rear from sinking which doesn’t cause a crash, I just get stuck. The track should cure that.

With spiked tires I’m hitting top speed now in the snow. I would never attempt that without the ski. Anybody riding in snow with the track and no ski at any kind of speed is asking for trouble. :D

Take my advice - Don't take his advice.