flywheel weights

how much should i put on im looking to smooth out the roll on of power :):):D:D

12oz Steahly :)

don't you think that too much i hear most people just run 6-9oz

That's what I've got. I ride woods aggressively and it was just right to avoid stalls when I chop the throttle and smooth out the power delivery to the rear wheel when I wick it. I went to Steahly's web site and saw that size recommended for my bike and style of riding. If you're riding MX all or part of the time you might want to concider a lighter weight on the FW, for tight woods go 12oz.

I ride woods as well and went with the 12oz. I also went up a couple teeth on the rear sproket. Huge improvement for ridingt rails. I used to boil the antifreeze and overheat the clutch on every outing. Now I can just use the throttle w/o the clutch to get over most obstacles. Gotta love that 4 stroke grunt.

Lukejt

i put a 6 ounce bolt on flywheel weight on for my 03 450 and it did not mellow it out at all, made it pull even harder

I put a 10 oz. on my 2002 yz426.

I was concerned about the wieght being too

heavy but I`am very happy.

Anyone know what flywheel weight a WR has in comparison to a YZ?

I'm also running the 12 oz. and am two teeth up in the rear. I did these two things prior to installing a Rekluse, and they make my 426 easier to ride on trails, but the Rekluse totally transformed the bike--I can now ride stuff easily that I used to used to get stuck on. If I had it to do over again, I would still do the flywheel, but I wouldn't bother changing the gearing, with the Rekluse, it's just not needed.

What size, if any weights are you guys running for MX?

I'm running the 10oz Steahy with a 47 t rear sprocket on my '03 to race MX. It's perfect for me. You have to remember that a 10oz bolt on is about the same as a 6 oz Dr D weld on.

I'm running the 10oz Steahy with a 47 t rear sprocket on my '03 to race MX. It's perfect for me. You have to remember that a 10oz bolt on is about the same as a 6 oz Dr D weld on.

K. Thanks for the info. :)

im running the 12 oz GYTR, most of my riding is tight trails and steep mountains so i love it! i also swapped the 14 tooth front sprocket for a 13. those two mods totally transformed the bike for the tight stuff. just like Goosedog says, it makes a tremendous amount of difference.

Anyone know what flywheel weight a WR has in comparison to a YZ?

when i was researching a flywheel for mine i came across some info that the effective fww difference between the 03-04 wr-yz was 16 oz. don't hold me to it though :) i went with the 6 oz trail tech and the rekluse on my 05 works great. the rekluse adds about 2 oz fw effect by itself.(according to rekluse)