HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RB2

Skid Plate

9 posts in this topic

I have been looking at getting a skid plate. Probably the Utah Cycle one. But to make a long story short, I recommend getting one asap. I am getting one before I ride again :D . While riding today a good sized rock took out my oil line on the right side :D:D:D . Luckily my Buddy spotted it. We were at about 4000 ft and started at sea level , So it was an easy coast back to the truck. Thank God no harm done :):)

I did a first ride on my XR400 a few years back and made the same mistake. I went over a boulder that was too large and dented my frame but with no lasting problems. I put on a guard right after that and have always put guards on before riding my new bikes. I like Flatland Racing but there are a lot of good ones out.

Obviously, the slide plate is more protective, but can you get away with just a slide plate and still protect all the engine vitals?

Nope. I wouldn't use a glide plate for anything but closed course motocross where all the rocks and nasties have been sifted out of the dirt...SC