HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckwheat816

00' YZ426....keeper?

9 posts in this topic

I just bought a 00' YZ426 thats in "good" condition. I bought it from my brother to help him out and didn't pay much for it. It runs great and starts first kick hot or cold. My other bikes are a 05' YZ250F and a 01' DRZ400E/street legal (barely). I have the 426 for sale for $2750 but have had no bites on it. So now I'm thinking I may just keep it since my son will be riding the 250F next year. I have the itch to have a lightweight big-bore with an auto clutch but don't know if i want to dump that much money in the bike. It will need some suspension work to make it race worthy and about $300 worth of other stuff for my preferences as well. Has anyone else gone down this road lately? Should I dump it and get a later model 450? :)

The 426 is a die hard, it will last you a life time. Keep it if its in good condition.

Just watch the balancer keyway and keep it. Its a great bike. The guy I sold mine to (when I bought my 03 CRF) still rides it every single weekend...

I loved graduating from my DRZ to the mighty 426. It is three times the motorcycle. Now my son's on the Suzuki and we have a blast riding together in the woods. Definately keep it, maintain it and enjoy the hell out of it!

Absol F*c*ing lutely she is a monster of a bike! I love mine! :) All that shiet about smoother power and refinement, is a load of horse ship, give me all out balls to the wall, do you wann any more crazy power?! :)

If you want to race MX more than semi-seriously, I'd say get a newer 450. Notice I didn't say to ditch the 426. I'd keep it and ride it for fun. It's still one bad a__ bike, all this time later, and machinery of any kind is rarely any more reliable.