Is this dent suppose to be in the stock 426 exhaust?

Is this dent suppose to be on the stock 00' 426 exhaust? This pipe came with my used bike that already has a white brothers pipe on it and I was going to sell the stock one but did not want to if it were damaged. I know they sometimes have dents for clearance issues and installation.

287608216203_0_ALB.jpg

Sure is. If you search for stock exhaust dent you should get a few thousand replies about it. :)

I freaked out when I saw it on my 450 too.

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can then that's the dent to make room for the brake caliper when the suspension bottoms. :)

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can then that's the dent to make room for the brake caliper when the suspension bottoms. :)

yep! i also thought this was a rock dent when i first noticed it.

Can't see your picture, but if it's a nicely placed dent on the bottom of the can .....

287608216203_0_ALB.jpg

I had to copy his link and go in a different window to get it to show. Here's the pic for the lazy/un-internet-savvy out there. :)

287608216203_0_ALB.jpg

I had to copy his link and go in a different window to get it to show. Here's the pic for the lazy/un-internet-savvy out there. :)

I had no idea that this dent was pre-made for clearance. I thought I had bottomed out hard and dented it myself. Very interesting....Thanks for passing along :)

Btw, here's what it looks like on my '04 YZ450...

pipes.jpg

That's the pic I took to file the claim with before I realized it was supposed to be there! :)

yep :)

Don't feel bad. I thought I had bottomed out and put a dent in my 426 myself. Then I noticed that everybody had a dent. :)

do any of you guys ever just go to a dealer & just look @ new bikes or are you mail ordering them/ebay purchases. :)

Sure I go to the dealer to look at bikes...

But when I buy one, I buy it from Mike at Rock River Powersports and have him ship it to me.

I got my YZ 450 from him for $5100 shipped. The local guys wanted full retail with prep and shipping added ($6199 + $700 + taxes) and wouldn't budge.

I just went to look at trading my kids pw50 in at two local dealers. One would take the bike as trade on a TTR90e and give me $1470 OTD. The other would take the pw in trade and give me $1890 OTD. Keep in mind both of those were with a $1699 retail price.

Mike will ship a TTR90 to me for $1450 and I can sell my pw on my own.

I want to support a local dealer, but come on, these guys are trying to rape me.

do any of you guys ever just go to a dealer & just look @ new bikes or are you mail ordering them/ebay purchases. :)

When I get ready for a new bike, which is several times a year- I just have my butler Jeeves carry a briefcase full of cash to the dealer and they deliver the bike. I don't have time to look it over.

yes...

Does Rock River Powersports ship to Ontario?

Does Rock River Powersports ship to Ontario?

Email Mike and ask him.

Mike DuClos mike@rockriverpowersports.com

I'm pretty sure he's the owner. They're very nice people and very eager to do business with you. Tell him you heard about him on Thumpertalk.

la yamaha in marina del rey is the place to get a yammie out here in la there's no set up fees or other rip-offs involved,got my fz6 for 6999 out the door,probably pick up a watercraft later in the year from these guys also.,absolutely no haggling. :)