HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
radish150

TPS question....

4 posts in this topic

I took my carb out to re jet, and of course the TPS was removed to cook the carb. So, whats this thing all about on 99 400? Do I need it? Can I chop it? Or, do i have to go thru a painfull process to get it set properly again?

thanx yall

Mark...

the tps is linked in no small way to your cdi. cut the tps and you'll probably end up with a large blue motorcycle shaped paperweight

The TPS increases part throttle advance. On my KTM 525 EXC, I played around with adjusting the TPS and even disconnecting it. The results were, at least by seat of the pants, no discernable differences at all.

Chas M... you ARE SPEAKING TRUTH MY FRIEND!! I disconnected mine yesterday and my problems went away and I have MoRE POWER now that the stutter is gone because of the TPS. I would however like to adjust the TPS so i get that last little bit of power. if anyone knows how to adjust it right let me know