Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shuehauls

fuel screw

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with my 04 450. I bought it new 2 months ago.

The bike ran great for the 1st month then it started stalling and got a bad hesitation right off the bottom

I checked the fuel screw and it was 3 turns out

I reset to 2 turns out and it ran great for 5 laps before it started to run bad again

I checked the screw and it was 3.5 turns out ,it is vibrating loose

Has anyone had this happen before? how do I fix it?

thanks

I have a problem with my 04 450. I bought it new 2 months ago.

The bike ran great for the 1st month then it started stalling and got a bad hesitation right off the bottom

I checked the fuel screw and it was 3 turns out

I reset to 2 turns out and it ran great for 5 laps before it started to run bad again

I checked the screw and it was 3.5 turns out ,it is vibrating loose

Has anyone had this happen before? how do I fix it?

thanks

my advise is buy yourself a ZipTy racing adj fuel screw 10-15 dollars - remove the stock screw with the oring and spring install on the new screw - it is more precise than the stock unseen screw and you will utilize it more and properly set you bike for temp anf humidity changes

Actually had that same problem after putting the Zip-Ty screw in... there is a spring that rides on that screw if you give a slight stretch it should cure your problem. Watch out when you pull the crew out not to lose the little O-ring... I can't remember but I think there is a little washer too. :)

theres a washer, o-ring, and a spring.. my stock one fell out and i had to make due for the washer, o-ring, and spring at the local hardware store.

As mentioned already, most people just give the spring a little stretch when they have this problem and it usually fixes it. It's really a pretty common problem too.

A zipty fuel screw is a really nice way to spend $20 too...

The ZipTy fuel screw is spectacular. You can adjust the fuel screw with your gloves on with the zipty screw installed. And as said above; take that little spring out and gently give it a stretch. Hopefully that will be enough to keep the screw tight for you. If there's no spring then get a spring from a buddies bike and try to find a matching spring at the hardware store. You may have a hard time buying the spring alone from the dealer.