tera-flex time

I have an 02 WR426 and it's time for tires. I was thinking of putting on one of those gnarley Tera-flex rear tires as the riding here in AK is mostly rock and hard pack. I figure the 426 has plenty of power to turn the tire. Can anyone make a recommendation as to which tire to pair it with? I used to use the old style tera-flex back in the day but that was on an 85 XR350. It seemed to work really good on that bike and the old style lasted forever. Does the new style last as long? Call me cheap but if a tire lasts twice as long and only costs $15 more than a dunlop then why not buy it?

• 6 months later...

I have a 99 wr400 and have heard great things about this tera flex tire. Its time to change and I have a 120 100 80 dunlop on there now. Does anyone know for sure if I can go with a bigger tera flex tire with me stock swing arm or is that the biggest I can go. Any help would be great!!! I want to run the tera flex but the biggest I can go with my stock swingarm. Which tread pattern does everyone perfer for desert and hard hill riding??? Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Teraflex no longer makes the 140/80-18 in the USA. The new Teraflex 150/80-18 tires are made by Cheng-Shin and wont last 3 rides! :bonk:

If you want a big desert tire try the IRC M5B 140/80-18 as the next best thing like a Teraflex. :applause:

They look like some fat ass tyres! I bet you get not much wheel spin with those suckers!

The new Terra Flex SUCKS, my buddies lasted one ride in the mountains. Junk. They dont even look the same. I would definatly go with the M5B, its awesome. The IRC VE series would be a good front to match it up with. I have been very impressed with mine. Very durable and sticky as glue on the high mountain rocky trails. :applause: