HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sausage boy

WR450 tyres are sh#t

9 posts in this topic

hey

what tyres are people running? the Tyres my 05 WR450 came with are compleat shite :) . i'm riding in the mountains, so its dusty and rocky. i was thinking of the bridgestones.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with the tire combo from the factory. Too hard front, too soft back ........???

I've seen alot of guys complimenting the Maxxis IT's for stuff like yours

yes, maxis IT rear SI front for rock/mixed/insane terrain.

they even do well on roads, dirt or pavement.

hey

what tyres are people running? the Tyres my 05 WR450 came with are compleat shite :) . i'm riding in the mountains, so its dusty and rocky. i was thinking of the bridgestones.

Oh no the stock tires are great-----great for the trash!! :)

Dunlop 756 front. Works great but will wear quicker then stock.

Maxxis IT back. Great long lasting tire that will bite well. It's even easy on the wallet.

I havent minded the stock tires so much. Im sure I can find some that dont wear down quite as fast, but ultimately I thought the tire tagged up really well. But I guess it depends on the conditions where youre riding too. Most of the rides I have been on this year, the dirt has been really tacky. Haven't had any experience in the real dry and dusty stuff yet.

Yeah, I like the Maxxis Hard Terrain as I ride a lot of rocky/mountainous trails myself. However, if you're a throttle hog like myself I have learned that my WR450 is going to shred pretty much any tire over a few months of riding. My brother and I, both of 450's, are planning to buy new tires soon, but different tires for each bike, and test every hard terrain tire worth having between the two of us. I will be sure to share my experience with them in the forums. So far we've just run the stock and a couple Maxxis.