Maxxis 110 or 120

What Maxxis IT works better the 110 or the 120?

I put a 120 on a buddys CRF450, bad move. Too tall, too wide, and it overpowers the front tire (D742), making the front push. The same combo with a 110 on my bike is great.

I put a 120 on a buddys CRF450, bad move. Too tall, too wide, and it overpowers the front tire (D742), making the front push. The same combo with a 110 on my bike is great.

ditto :)

First let me say that the D742 was a major disappointment. The 756 works so much better except on the hardest surfaces, especially when it starts to slide, that I don't know why anyone who has tried both would use the 742.

I use the IT 120 on the rear of my 450, and the 110 on the 250F. I have used 110's on the 450 as well. On a good, well prepared MX track, I probably would prefer the 110, since it bites pretty well under those circumstances, and it's quite a bit lighter. Anywhere else, I like the 120 better. The two tires seem to corner about the same, but the straight line bite on the 120 is noticeably better.

Front tires are kinda funny, one mans trash = another mans treasure. I have used 742s, 756s, 739s, 773s etc. all the way back to the 3.00 vs 3.25 metzeler (sp?) debate. Personal preferrence means a lot. But thats off topic here, isn't it. The 110/120 question is what was asked, and I offered advice based on my experience. For me, on my bike and on a buds bike the 120 felt like a truck tire. It hooked up good in a straight line, but had bad traits everywhere else. I'm not saying that for some riders that a 120 IT isn't perfect, just that to me the 110 is better.

A year or so ago I mounted a 120 on my bike. I remember that it looked bad a$$ on the back of my bike and it did hook up real well all the way around the track. This makes me wonder why I still don't run a 120. :) Maybe that will be my next tire.