HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rover31

xr650l cam HRC? or Hot Cam?

12 posts in this topic

Well since we can get an HRC cam from service Honda for $250 (not bad pricewise) I have now a decision to make.

Do I get the HRC or go with the Hot Cam (stage 2 is all that is in the cataloge now, $150)

Thoughts recomendations? Any one used both?

I know that the Hot Cam is only surface hardened.

Thanks

Travis

while I have used neither, if my pocketbook allowed it, I would have more confidence in the HRC ... being factory-designed, it would be more likely to be supported by Honda , if something was defective ... just my guess

I have a stage 2 on a 650R and it is great. Half a year now and no problems.

It gives me more bottom. Just remeber no to use synthetic during break in period, it is ok after that

hello i have been trying to get hold of the HRC cam for the xr650l do you have the part number or could you find out as i am in the uk and the bike was imported and nobody seems to know, i would like the full kit if possible part number if known hope you can help if you have fitted it could you let me know what you think thanks

I have a stage 1 hotcam and i love it. No probs.

What kind of perfomance gains did you get? Any drawbacks?

i have a hot cam....thats all i know....it came on the bike along with all this shizzle: yoshi exhost, 4 gallon ims tank, protapers, new grips, bark busters, new turn signals, hot cam, ufo headlight, and other stuff

Okay so the search is going still have not gotten the part #

service Honda did not have it

Will keep you updated

Travis

Since I have installed the Hotcam my bike is a lot quicker and revs nicely. Of course the other mods helped also. :)

Man I totaly forgot to post that # 1400-NH4-000. Cheapest place was servicehonda.com @$289+ shipping.

I actually decided to go with the HotCam stage 2.

I just decided to give it a try esp. at half the price!

Now I just wait to get it back... with 10.25:1 cam and all the other stuff esp. the Kehein 41FCR..

Travis

I thought Hot Cams only made a Stage 1 cam for the L? At least that's all that's listed on the site. If you have info on the Stage 2 could you post the specs for comparison? Also whether or not it requires dif springs, guides, hardened rockers etc...?