HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
byggd

white bros e-series on a 02 wr426

9 posts in this topic

When I bought my wr426 it had a white bros e-series muffler but with no blank disc to make it USFS approved. I have ordered the discs, screws and blank disc but the blank disc has been on backorder with WB for over two months now :) . Anyway, luckily the guy gave me the stock can so I put that back on so I can at least ride it and actually it seems to run really well with the stock can but I did notice the WB pipe weights about 1/3 of the stock can.

I have a couple questions.

1) Will I notice a big difference if and when I put the e-series back on?

2) I read the 4 discs equal about a 1 inch opening but it will run best with 6 or 7. Does anyone have one of these on a 02wr426 and recommend how many plates to run?

wrkaholic

Thanks for the advise. I remember seeing your bike before on another post.......very nice bike.

What is a quiet core insert, do I need one, and where can i get one??

Thanks, The quiet Insert is sold by white brothers for the e-series pipe. It is supposed to make it sound compliant. It is basically another disk that you put infront of all the other disks which has some tube contraption hooked up to it. It is metal and protrudes into the muffler. You should be able to see it in their catalog. It costs around $35 I think.

Thanks I'll check out their site. Hopefully it won't backorder like the blank disc did :)

byggd, you could also just guy it at a shop that carries white bros. stuff. That is what I did. Most shops carry that insert now because of the db law. It make the pipe quieter, but, not alot quieter. If you have not already rejetted, you will need to.

I have the same pipe setup on the 426F and the yz250F, 12 disks plus silent insert. The bikes are jetted for this. I am not sure if it actually will pass the sound test. It is probably a little over the limit. I have seen posts where people say to be officially under the limit on the e-series, you need the silent insert plus 4 to 6 disks. However, I feel that this limits performance, so, I stretch it to 12 disks. I never had a problem with a ranger, though, they always check me for green sticker and spark arrestor. :)

I checked a few places when the blank disc backordered but came up with zilch. I have it on BO here with TT and they even tried a few places and came up dry. I'll order the quiet core and probably get it weeks before I get the disc :)

Thanks for all the advise!

I have a white brothers e-series, it has 12 discs on it because that it what they

said made the most power on the dyno. It gives a good increase in power over

the uncorked stock pipe. the noise level is on the high so side I made my own insert by

inserting a 1 1/4" brass flanged tailpiece about 3" long into the muffler and then used

the discs to hold it in place saving myself $35. it is supposed to take the sound level down about 5 decibles which should be enough to make it legal.

WR400 WA State plated, with all of the good stuff on it.

"Having this much fun should be illegal."

byggd, you could also just guy it at a shop that carries white bros. stuff. That is what I did. Most shops carry that insert now because of the db law. It make the pipe quieter, but, not alot quieter. If you have not already rejetted, you will need to.

Not sure if it will need jetting or not. When I got it the e-series was wide open, no plates at all and it seems to run fine but it was way too loud to give it a proper ride. I put the stock can back on and it runs really well. Guess I'll find out when I get all the parts to put the e-series back on. Odd thing was, he had the gray wire pulled but the airbox lid was still on :)