HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426mankiller

YZ426F Appreciation-MXA mag write up!

17 posts in this topic

My fellow YZ426 brothers will like the MX Action Magazine write up of the Husqvarna TC 450. One part goes like this:

Q: How does the TC450 engine run?

MXAMAG A: Like an old-school four-stroke. While we love the high tech powerbands of the CRF450, RM-Z450, and the YZ450F, we still have fond memories of the tractor like four stroke engines of old (as far back as BSA or as recently as the YZ426F ) . You know how those bikes felt. When you twisted the throttle, the rear tire dug a trench. :D:D

:):):D:D:D

(MXA) You know how those bikes felt.

The sad part is that not everyone does...

Yep, I don't think I'll ever sell my 426. I may be in the market for a 06YZ450, but the 426 for always have a place in the Garage :)

Wow, I get it.

I always wondered why YZ timing my WR426 and going to a YZ needle (EKP) and rejet was such a "no brainer" on the Wr426 and on the WR450 it is always debated for trail riding.

I mean I felt no loss of torque on the low end, just more power in the mid and up top. I feel that my bike is still a tractor on the low end with the YZ tune. :)

Right on MXA!! I am still amazed at how much power my 426 has. It has definitely been the best bike I have ever owned. I want a new 450, but I'm afraid I won't like it as much as my 426. :)

Right on MXA!! I am still amazed at how much power my 426 has. It has definitely been the best bike I have ever owned. I want a new 450, but I'm afraid I won't like it as much as my 426. :)

Trust me you will like it better....... :)

You think the 426 had some spunk stock....I just installed the Boyesen Powershot Accelerator pump on my '01 426...WOW...what a difference in throttle response...not bad for an $80 mod.

I really like the comment about the 426 pull. After adding the yz autodecomp mod and all the other goodies, I reconsidered the purchase of the newer model, for now. The ease of starting and the strong running keep me very happy.

Great bikes :)

Raced this weekend and still pulled the holeshot on the 426 even over the rmz450, he got me on the last lap though. Do you think the new yamahas will have the grunt of the 426.

Give me wild f#c& the mild, when I read descriptions like smoother power delivery, I just think to myself that sounds like a big bunch of bovine scatter. Give me the wild massive hit, torque outta the yawzoo, damn near teetering on the edge of sanity power baby, WOOO! torque=momentum=damn these brakes ain't stopping fast enough hope i don't smack that tree. :) big :) for the KING 426! This ship gets me jacked up!!!

Give me wild f#c& the mild, when I read descriptions like smoother power delivery, I just think to myself that sounds like a big bunch of bovine scatter. Give me the wild massive hit, torque outta the yawzoo, damn near teetering on the edge of sanity power baby, WOOO! torque=momentum=damn these brakes ain't stopping fast enough hope i don't smack that tree. :D big :) for the KING 426! This ship gets me jacked up!!!

:D:):D

I loved my 426 reliable and strong. I stayed with Yamaha 'cause of the impression that 426 gave me and got the '04 450. The 450 is fun but I'm curious to see what they have done to the '06 motor. Any ride reports from pre-testing out yet?

:) Haen't read any as of yet, this month's Dirt Rider is supposed to begin showing the 06's I think its Kawa 450f, and Honda 450f this Month, just cut the crap and get to the yammi, for the love of pete!