wont idle

i have a 2002 yz250 2 stroke and am wondering if any of you guys would know why it doesn't idle. I have had the carb off a few times, but never to really clean it. Since i've had the bike it has never had an idle.Ive tryed turning the idle up but doesnt do anything no matter how far your turn it. I will probably pull the carb and clean out the jets and hope the pilot jet was clogged. If anyone has had experience with this and found a solution id appreciate an answer. thanks ??

Most of the time 2 strokes will not idle. They might idle for about 3 or 4 seconds but thats about it. If you let one idle very long you will foul the plug.

Huh??? Any 2 stroke MX bike that wont idle is BROKEN !

Your bike will idle if set up properly

and even when it's cold and warming upand should never have to be cleaned out after you warm it up ,if soo its not set right

An example would be your weed eater or gas powered blower it never needs cleaned out

the same principle applies here

i have a 2002 yz250 2 stroke and am wondering if any of you guys would know why it doesn't idle. I have had the carb off a few times, but never to really clean it. Since i've had the bike it has never had an idle.Ive tryed turning the idle up but doesnt do anything no matter how far your turn it. I will probably pull the carb and clean out the jets and hope the pilot jet was clogged. If anyone has had experience with this and found a solution id appreciate an answer. thanks ??

have the carb cleaned and reassembled correctly...it probably needs to be jetted correctly - also check the reeds for wear

does it race up and down? or just die? Plug condition?