HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Pearson

Help In Texas

4 posts in this topic

Hey Guys I really need help. I have a 1998 WR400F thumper that has a rich fuel condition from part throttle to wide open. The bike cranks and idles very good. As the engine warms us it starts to run rich at part throttle. I have overhauled the carburetor and checked and rechecked every circuit. I have a manual. I have tested every electrical circuit and every electrical part.

I have even cut the gray and the blue wire on the cdi unit. It did not make a difference. I have replaced the cdi unit still no change. I have changed the needle jet to the leaness setting. I have also changed main jet from 168 to 150. Plug was leaner but condition was still the same. Also I have checked

valve adjustment and for vaccum leaks and everything was good. I would appeciate any help. Bob

Have you done the mod to the accelerator pump, so it doesnt shoot too long. BK mod I think it was called. My YZ was used to flame out due to too much acc pump.

John

1998 wr400 runs wif the first generation of fcr.. u cannot do a bk mod on those carb..u mite wanna do a search on taffy mod for those carb..cheers