Uncorked db level?

Hey guys can anyone tell me what the decible level is on a XR650R uncorked with stock pipe? I want to buy an aftermarket pipe but dont what it to be any louder than it is now. I want to keep the riding areas open! Thanks guys!

does anybody know?

Is the tip opened up on the stock pipe with a 2" hole saw... :)

The bike probly won't run well without the pipe opened up and rest of it uncorked.......

I would think the stock pipe opened up as stated above would probly not pass a db test...Not sure though........ :)

I don't have a db meter but I can say it is still very tolerable. Mine is a little louder than stock, but nowhere near as loud as my YZ426 with a Thunder alley full pipe. :)

I would think you could still pass the db test at most parks pretty easily.

Dirt Bike magazine did a article on sound testing in the April issue. Though they omitted xr650r info. they gave a link to a California state gov. web site that had the HRC tip blowing a 97db. I`m using the HRC tip with B.D Baja Baffle which keeps things pretty quiet without giving up much performance.

85dbs is the stock level.FMF makes a pipe that is at 96dbs and thats not bad.i have this pipe on my 650 and it works well.GOOD LUCK!

I`m using the HRC tip with B.D Baja Baffle which keeps things pretty quiet without giving up much performance.

me too :)

bd1.jpg

mine is uncorked in cluding the inner baffle in the pipe! I dont want any more sound just to lose a few pounds, Thanks guys

i have the HRC tip. i got it tested last month at 91 dbs.