Just bought 2004 YZ450F - could it get any better?

This weekend i traded in my 2000 YZ125, which has given me a good two years of track and trail fun and decided to make the jump to a 6 month old YZ450F.

When i first off loaded the bike, i was a bit on edge about it all, that is, coming from a 125 to a 450. But once i'd got it off, started her up, and took her for a good 1 hour ride, i came back with a smile from ear to ear :) ... Amazing power, but a controlled power, not too heavy, and just a real smooth ride...

Anyways, i don't know why i didn't make the jump earlier, i'll never go back to a 2 stroke again...

:)

Welcome to TT, as with many others like you, we bought ourselve one great bike!

They are pretty nice huh. :)

I can get a brand new 04 for a sweet deal. I was really leaning to the rmz but the $1k savings and yamaha's 4-5 years into building these got me thinking. Has anyone rode both the 04 and rmz450 give me a comparison? Myself i prefer a quick turning, low/mid powerband like the suzi.

Does the bike come with any weak parts that should be replaced?

Hopefully I can also get some answers from other riders at the races this weekend.

thnx

the yammy is a nice all round bike, and like you said, they do have the experience in building a good 4 stroke.. might come in handy down the track..

I can get a brand new 04 for a sweet deal. I was really leaning to the rmz but the $1k savings and yamaha's 4-5 years into building these got me thinking. Has anyone rode both the 04 and rmz450 give me a comparison? Myself i prefer a quick turning, low/mid powerband like the suzi.

Does the bike come with any weak parts that should be replaced?

Hopefully I can also get some answers from other riders at the races this weekend.

thnx

More like 8 years, they started testing them in 1996. Blue=reliable! :)