HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superflymx

XR650L whats the best way to lower?

10 posts in this topic

So I just put lots of aftermarket parts in to my 2005 XR650L.I will say the jetting was the best thing I ever could have done.My bike is awake now.I want to lower it and I am looking for the best way to do it if anyone can help that would be great. Clark 4gal gas tank,front fork brace,FMF Q2 exhaust ,K+N air filter,FMF jet kit 165 main,14 tooth sprocket front, full skid plate ,My bike rocks!! :) XR650L the best bike ever made!

Kubia makes a lower link for it that drops it like 2 inches. There is also a fork lowering kit not sure of the manufacture. One is on Ebay right now. Also cutting the seat foam is an option.

Devol makes a lowering link for rear that is much cheaper and works great. You dont need anything for the front, you just loosen 8 bolts and slide the forks up, and check to be sure they are even.

OK you've been hanging out with BWB too long.

LOL - couldn't resist since you all already posted the sense making stuff I had to add the non-sense :)

I want to lower it and I am looking for the best way to do it if anyone can help that would be great.

One often overlooked method is to get a shorter coil-over spring. It can lower the rear over an inch, depending on sag and preload settings. Eibach makes shorter springs for the L shock.

My bike rocks!! :) XR650L the best bike ever made!

Yes, it's amazing what a little time, effort and $$$ can do for an XRL. I remember when I modded mine and how amazed I was with the improvements, especially with rejetting, drilling the slide and shimming the needle. Well worth the effort.

Don't forget to ditch the stock slicks for some good DOT knobs if you plan to do any "real" off-road riding. :)

Enjoy it's a great bike and most (if not all) of your questions can be answerd here. Don't be afraid of the search feature.

I just bought an XR650L and I'm going to turn it into an asphalt animal. Who makes the best kit for lowering it?