HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan_Lorenze

The 2006 WR450f is here..

45 posts in this topic

I wonder if the computer will be available as a standalone purchase to put on a 2005?
I was thinking the same thing....

I'm calling my dealer first thing in the morning.... :)

I'm calling my dealer first thing in the morning.... :)

While you them on the phone tell them the 7k MSRP is crazy!!!!

With those prices my 04 must be still worth what I paid....LOL.

The computer sounds good...Kind of like the KTM unit? We'll see.

But no aluminum frame yet for the WR! I'm happy to see the YZ frame is not painted. The blue paint on the YZ's in the "spy" photos looked like a bad idea to me. I'll bet the aluminum frame shows up on the 07 WR.

Hey Dan, hurry up and get the part #'s and price for that thing. I want one too! I was looking at the Trailtech, but now that there's a factory computer, me likey :) ...SC

It looks pretty slick, but the only hangup I face is to buy the 2005 now or the 2006 in two months. Is it worth the wait?

Well I bought a 05 ktm 525 exc a few weeks back because I got a good deal and the bike is awesome. I was and still am at heart a yamaha guy but it looks like I made a good choice. Not many changes for the wr. Maybe in a few more years ill come back to blue. Or will it be yellow?

The price went up $200, more than likely to cover the computer cost (and the other "new" stuff). Just wait until the aluminum frame hits the market. Prolly another $500 for it when it comes. The YZ450/250F's went up about $500 I think ...

The price went up $200, more than likely to cover the computer cost (and the other "new" stuff). Just wait until the aluminum frame hits the market. Prolly another $500 for it when it comes. The YZ450/250F's went up about $500 I think ...

It went up 5 pounds too. Reinforced swingarm was mentioned, surely that can't be 5 more pounds - if it is, thats a lot of reinforcement!

Yamaha obviously doesn't read Thumpertalk, otherwise they'd know to drop those damn Dunlops, and give us a bigger fuel tank. At least they got the more comfortable seat thing going for them this time around - my 05 is like a brick.

I like the upcoming Trailtech computer better - it has a tach as well as the other features, which is pretty cool.

sure hope they were in a big hurry when they did the 360 degree shots. whats with the odo cable?

sure hope they were in a big hurry when they did the 360 degree shots. whats with the odo cable?

It's for the fiberoptic line / optional satellite feed to the digital computer. Oh wait, no, that's for '07 too.

:) kidding

I like the upcoming Trailtech computer better - it has a tach as well as the other features, which is pretty cool.

I haven't had the chance to play with either one... I need more than pictures to make a decision like that... And, no way is this bike 5 pounds heavier...

My guess would be that the additional 5.1 lbs is to (don't get me wrong I love Yamaha products) help make the Al frame look that much better in a year or two. It'll probably make me buy one. :)

It looks pretty slick, but the only hangup I face is to buy the 2005 now or the 2006 in two months. Is it worth the wait?

Buy the o5...no difference in the 06 except the computer. AND I WANT THE COMPUTER TO PUT ON MY 05!!! :)