Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxmark

2006 YZ450F 5 speed yellow or blue?

100 posts in this topic

I just got a call from my Boss and he asked me do I want yellow or Blue? 5 speed, aluminum frame. I guess Mike Bell got to do the honors of the into. I don't have all the details because I am going to Star west to go moto. My 2004 Husqvarna CR125 and my 1981 YZ465. I hope I did not rush anything. I had a 1998 yz400f and a 2003 YZ450F I can't wait until they get here. Go Yamaha 50 years! Thanks Mark

Go to www.yamaha-motor.com after 9pm tonight I think they are on there.

they still list it as 220 lbs dry.. thats what my 04 model was rated at when i got it

Ouch. $200 more for yellow?

Looks sweet.

I noticed only a few minor changes on the WR250F... looks like they added a enduro computer and made it California-Green, which means we'll be needing a Lowedog AIS removal kit and a JD kit to get the adjustable needle back.

No aluminum frame for WR.

they still list it as 220 lbs dry.. thats what my 04 model was rated at when i got it

Don't believe the spec's page.....it still lists it as a 4 speed, which is contradicted in the Features and Benefits page...

New for 2006:

* New, close-ratio five-speed transmission provides more performance in a wider range of riding environments.

* All-new aluminum frame is an extensively tested combination of castings, extrusions, forgings and aluminum tubing — all carefully put together to produce a chassis that takes legendary YZ handling to the next level.

* Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed; that prevents mid-stroke damping force changes, for a smoother, more precise ride.

* Titanium-sprung four-way adjustable rear shock rod diameter is 2mm bigger. New, Kashima coating reduces friction for fantastic compliance and great handling.

* Carburetion and exhaust changes let the 449cc four-stroke breathe free for even greater power production.

* Changing the cylinder head angle and moving the dry sump oil tank inside the front of the crankcase improves overall balance and handling and eliminates external oil lines.

* Redesigned piston, crankshaft and connecting rod for increased performance and durability. An oil jet now directs oil at the piston bottom for increased cooling.