HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoctorRzed

Anyone unhappy with the new yz450f bodywork???

97 posts in this topic

Dont get me wrong I love the al. frame but that bodywork looks horrible. I would say its the uglyist yet probly the meanist mx bike coming for 06.

-My favorite looking bikes are the Kawasaki and the Suzuki.

But looks are only extra its whats inside that counts right :)

Dont get me wrong I love the al. frame but that bodywork looks horrible. I would say its the uglyist yet probly the meanist mx bike coming for 06.

-My favorite looking bikes are the Kawasaki and the Suzuki.

But looks are only extra its whats inside that counts right :)

The only thing I really and I mean really hate is the tank shrouds. there SO DAMN BIG. Also the rear fender looks like crap. I mean I know they want to keep it looking like a YZF, but its going to be the first major improvement since the 450 came out, at lease give it some decent thought on the body work lol. I personally LOVE the look of the CRF450 and the RMZ450, plus Im not getting an eye for that RMZ250 too now. I hate kawasaki lol.

if you noticed in the pictures yamaha had riveted extra plastic onto the shrouds to increase air flow through the radiators, so it wont look exactly the same, if they do indeed choose to use that shroud.

I can't stand the rear fender on the new yz's. I don't know, I just hate the way it looks.

My .02 - Yamaha needs to scrap the blue and go back to the Black and Yellow - Picture this ... All new graphics for 07 with something like the Huricane kit from the Factory. They should have done it in 06 since - (I 06 think it is an aniversary year) + It would have been a nice step on the new yellow RMZ....

All else fails if you are unhappy with the style and color, an entire plastics kit minus the tank and # plate is only 99.00

I would like to bleed yellow - How about you?

Nah not yellow. With the frame blue, it would look sweet with silver or back to white plastics ... plus neither would show crease marks.

THats on thing that is great yu can put the hurricane kit onand save 100s of dollars by not having to buy a new gas tank and painting the frame :)

Nah not yellow. With the frame blue, it would look sweet with silver or back to white plastics ... plus neither would show crease marks.

I had an 89 Suzuki RMX 250 (Awesome bike) that was yellow with a blue frame and a shiny aluminim swing arm and sub-frame. Looked real good clark.... :) Good idea on white not showing the crease marks...Silver would be interesting.....

THats on thing that is great yu can put the hurricane kit onand save 100s of dollars by not having to buy a new gas tank and painting the frame :)

Or you can go buy the real Hurricane kitted 06 450............ :)

After looking at the 06. It makes me like my 05 a whole lot more. Don't really care for the plastic. Also, the holes to the air box are smaller, possibly restricting air flow. The 5 speed might be nice, but I don't have a problem with my 4 speed. And unless theres a significant loss in weight due to the new frame, I'll hang on to mine a while longer. Thats just my feelings..............

I think the bike looks great and that is coming from a honda man. I very curious to see how it stack against the red thumper this year ans especially the weight of this new machine.

Erik

I think the bike looks sweet...yellow or blue.

You guys have been begging Yamaha to do something different so they dont sell you the SAME OLE BIKE and when they do people don't like it.

Personally, this is the trickest, most reliable thumper you can buy.....hands down. I like the looks and I like that fact that you can buy this bike and race it right out of the box. 756's (the 250 smoker has them so I assume the 450 will), rubber mounts on the top clamp, Pro Tapers, rumored 215lbs, 5 speed (I am sorry but we all missed the 426's 5 speed), aluminum frame that translates into a lower center of gravity...more important than the actual weight savings, titainium shock spring (another 3lbs of weight savings that lowers the center of gravity), remapped CDI for more hit! YES MORE HIT! :)

This bike is everything riders said they wanted in a Yamaha and then some.

I agree with Stach... the changes on this bike are the most requested changes. Bottom line is its an awesome looking bike, but as yamaha themselves will know you cant please everyone.

The wings are big because they reach from over the spars to the bottom of the lowered radiators. Other than redoing the curve along their lower edge, how else would you do it?

What I think is interesting is this: It's still a dry sump engine, but there's no external tank. At least, that's what I see. If you look at the detail of the engine, you see what looks like a dipstick in front of the cylinder, above the front mount bolt. Note that the front of the engine visible between the cradle tubes is much bulkier than the current one. That's the oil tank, built into the engine, way down low. What is it they say....? "Brilliant!"

Oh yeah, and a 5 speed, too! :):)