HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigerowner_ut

05 WR silencer on an 03?

5 posts in this topic

Will an 05 silencer fit on my 03? I want quiet and do not care about more power. Anyone tried this?

I am interested in buying an 05 silencer/spark arrester if anyone has one in good condition.

Check out this thread. Main topic is the left side plastic with the cutout for the hand, but I think there is mention about the 05 muffler on 03 and 04 (if not in this thread, on one of the threads for which you will find a link to it in this thread). I remember that my conclusion was it will fit, but I tried to buy one and the guy sold it before I got to it so I never got to try it out and ended up with a 04 YZF exhaust with PMB spark + silent insert.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208785&highlight=side+panel

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I would do the same as you with the yz exhaust but I do not want to buy an exhaust, inserts... I would have a Q2 today if it wasn't for the $$$$

tigerowner ut

Yes, I put the 05 muffler on my 03. I also installed the PMB insert. The muffler is all the same except for the rear mount. It is rubber mounted rather than solid like the 04 on down to the 98. I solid mounted mine while I was waiting for the rubber parts and then changed it when I got the rubber goodies. :)

Jim

tigerowner ut

Yes, I put the 05 muffler on my 03. I also installed the PMB insert. The muffler is all the same except for the rear mount. It is rubber mounted rather than solid like the 04 on down to the 98. I solid mounted mine while I was waiting for the rubber parts and then changed it when I got the rubber goodies. :)

Jim

Now I thought that the 05 was a completely different muffler in the WR that doesn't need an insert to be quiet. 94 db w/o insert.