HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTRSPORTDAN

anyone gone from xr600 to xr650?

9 posts in this topic

I have ridden the xr 650 and liked it, But I have a guy that wants to trade me my yzf 426 for a 98 xr600. Is there a huge difference between weight and power from the 650 to the 600? Should I make the trade or sell the 426 and find a 650? Thanks for any help, Dan

I had 3 XR600Rs over the years and have a XR650R now, the weight is about the same, the 650R has about 30% more power (uncorked), I don't do much technical riding mostly hi speed desert and freeway to get to ride areas without trailering, the 650R feels more stable at hi speeds. I geared mine to cruise 80 mph top speed 106.

They are similar and different if that helps

is your 426 plated? if so keep it, kinda a hard decision anyways cuz those 426s are nice!

I have ridden the xr 650 and liked it, But I have a guy that wants to trade me my yzf 426 for a 98 xr600. Is there a huge difference between weight and power from the 650 to the 600? Should I make the trade or sell the 426 and find a 650? Thanks for any help, Dan

i wouldn't make that trade.

Keep the 426, its faster, lighter, and a pretty versatile bike. Unless you are into comfort, plush ride, or like going long distances then get the 600. Also another thing to consider the 600 maybe worth less than the 426.

If you like the 650 better than the 426, then sell it and get a 650. I feel that while the 600 was an awesome machine for its time, its well outdated compared to a 426 and 650. The 650 is everything we 600 owners used to hope for but never quite got from the ol 600. But I did have lots of fun on mine, 95 600.

I've just gone from an XR650R to a WR450.

The WR is better everywhere, apart from comfort on longer cruises.

The XR does make a nicer sound though. :)

Shame on you stoo, Your in BRP land, Its red here not blue... :)

:D

I got no bad vibes for the XR - It's just for the riding I'm doing at the minute, the WR's a better tool for the job. I haven't sold the XR yet, and if I could afford to keep both I would. :)