Bike stalls when throttle is chopped

My bike will idle all day but stalls when the throttle is chopped at speed. Any suggestions to correct this?

Dont chop - just nice and easy roll on :) This was the one reason I switched over to a pumper carb. I had no other problems with my stock carb except for the built in honda kill switch when i would wack the throttle :D I have herd if you fatten up the pilot that it helps :)

So in other words it's a lean condition.

I have an edelbrock pumper and if it is not tuned correctly it will do the same thing.

I think judging by the puddle of air filter oil on the floor I've over oiled my filter, will this cause the stalling?

So in other words it's a lean condition.

I have an edelbrock pumper and if it is not tuned correctly it will do the same thing.

Yes - if your pump is not set right on the QS it will do the same thing - but when its dialed in it hits hard and you can chop it all you want and it just keeps hitting harder :)

I played around with the jetting on my stock carb all the time trying to get rid of the kill spot on the chop and could never get it :)

good luck :D

I think judging by the puddle of air filter oil on the floor I've over oiled my filter, will this cause the stalling?

I swiched over to NO TOIL and had the same thing with the oil wanting to leak all over the floor :) didnt think much of it cause the bike still ran fine but after a 100 mile weekend i could see a little dust in my air box. This is not a knock on NO TOIL I just think Iam used to the spectro spray that i have been using its real tacky and I have never had any dust in the box.

Another thing is try turning your idle up just a little that helped on my stock carb :)

What mods have you done to the carb?

RH

Problem solved! Insufficient warm-up.