HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zackm58941

Part number for a 170 main jet for stock 650l?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I did a search on the site and couldnt find anything so I'll see if anyone can help me out. After putting my engine back together with the 102.4mm psiton, stage 1 hot cams , ported and polished head along with the other mods I had before (see sig.), the bike was running way too lean! I had the 55 pilot jet and DJ165 main, already have DJ stage 1 jet kit in there. Im right at sea level and I was thinking the a 170 or 172 main jet would work well, anyone know the part numbers? I went to the dealer and they were less than helpful, it took forever just for them to get me a 58 slow jet that matched up and they said they couldnt match the main jet for some reason... Anywho, if anyone can let me know the part number and maybe a site that can get this stuff in that would be awesome!

Zack

The DJ jet numbers don't corellate to the Kehein numbers. Try a Kehein 162. Most run a 158 with standard mods.

Thanks guys, after doing a few WOT runs to see how the main jet circuit was doing the spark plug was bright white! Maybe I'll get a Keihin 165 and 170 and see what happens after a ride with them in there. Does anyone know where I can get these jets cheap? Internet or not? I think the honda dealer said I woul dhave to get HRC parts and I dont feel like spending 20 bucks on 2 little jets... Thanks again!

Again the DJ #'s and kehien #'s are not similar in size. Try a 162 or 165 kehien. Also maybe go up one size on the slow jet.

I checked out carbparts.com and is this the correct jet for the 650l carb, 99101-393? So it'd be a 99101-393165 for a 165 main and 99101-393170 for a 170. The main jet is 8mm length like the pic and looks similar too so I'm guessing its the right one? I already have the 58 slow jet in there vs the stock 55, havent pulled the plug yet but off idle is much better and no more popping on deceleration. Thanks!