03 YZ 450 vs 05 CRF450 vs RMZ 450

Sorry Bros

this is a suxky thread, but................

Today I took a MX Class w/ Ricky Johnson at the new track in Hesperia - Competitive Edge, the track was AWESOME (btw anything New seems awesome imo)

I raced last Sunday w/ the CRF, I rode well in the first moto and SUX hard in the second moto, the track was dry, my front end was washing out, my rear spring says its for 210# rider, well I'm 225# and the spring is to soft. I;ll be getting a new rear spring shortly.

Well today RJ had me corning GREAT sometimes and my natural FU way sometimes. He shed some light on my probelms and techniques and then it all fell into places for a few minutes and I felt like RC out there.............then I get back on the track and fell into my old familiar riding styles and squidded around the track again............. :)

The Honda is feeling more comforable, but I'm spending some $$$$$$$$$ to get it feeling properly........(same old story) I re-geared again, engine feels GOOD now. Now I need to work on the suspension...........

At the end of the day, my Bud has a new RMZ 450, I said lets SWITCH for a few laps (okay, I'm thinking now, all those rags saying how great this bike turns, yaty, yaty, yaty), I do a few laps, bike feels tight, the suspension felt better than mine????????????(the rags say this bike is set up for a rider of 160ish, I weight 225#. The Honda supposed to be set up for a 200# rider and this bike susp felt better on these few laps????????) okay back to the riding, as I start going thru the corners, I'm riding my old squidish style and can I feel any Difference's.............................NO. The bike was nice, I could get used to it.............The Honda feels nice, I'm trying to set this bike up to my liking.....................My 03 YZ is set up for my liking.................Concullsion, I'm just as SLOW on any color bike thats available to us................. pick a color, set it up and RIDE.

There's no one Bike that is perfect............

Now when the 06 YZ 450 comes out and it is 10# lighter, I'll sell my 05 CRF and be riding Blue again.................. :)

Sorry Bros

this is a suxky thread, but................

Today I took a MX Class w/ Ricky Johnson at the new track in Hesperia - Competitive Edge, the track was AWESOME (btw anything New seems awesome imo)

I raced last Sunday w/ the CRF, I rode well in the first moto and SUX hard in the second moto, the track was dry, my front end was washing out, my rear spring says its for 210# rider, well I'm 225# and the spring is to soft. I;ll be getting a new rear spring shortly.

Well today RJ had me corning GREAT sometimes and my natural FU way sometimes. He shed some light on my probelms and techniques and then it all fell into places for a few minutes and I felt like RC out there.............then I get back on the track and fell into my old familiar riding styles and squidded around the track again............. :)

The Honda is feeling more comforable, but I'm spending some $$$$$$$$$ to get it feeling properly........(same old story) I re-geared again, engine feels GOOD now. Now I need to work on the suspension...........

At the end of the day, my Bud has a new RMZ 450, I said lets SWITCH for a few laps (okay, I'm thinking now, all those rags saying how great this bike turns, yaty, yaty, yaty), I do a few laps, bike feels tight, the suspension felt better than mine????????????(the rags say this bike is set up for a rider of 160ish, I weight 225#. The Honda supposed to be set up for a 200# rider and this bike susp felt better on these few laps????????) okay back to the riding, as I start going thru the corners, I'm riding my old squidish style and can I feel any Difference's.............................NO. The bike was nice, I could get used to it.............The Honda feels nice, I'm trying to set this bike up to my liking.....................My 03 YZ is set up for my liking.................Concullsion, I'm just as SLOW on any color bike thats available to us................. pick a color, set it up and RIDE.

There's no one Bike that is perfect............

Now when the 06 YZ 450 comes out and it is 10# lighter, I'll sell my 05 CRF and be riding Blue again.................. :)

I feel you pain Ramarion - on spending $$$$$$$$$ to make your ride right. I guess this is always the case with suspension unless you weigh 165lbs....So it sounds like you really liked the yellow bike....maybe you should get rid on the 742 front tire and get one that sticks better or try a new link to see if it will turn any better.

News on Sunday for the Blue bike and here is a link today on the Green one

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10june05_06kxs.htm

I got a feeling I'm going to be making payments on an 06 yz450 before I even get the bike!!!

The demand is going to be HUGE.

Anyone know when they're coming out?

David

Pretty much, all the bikes are Good, pick a color, dial it in and enjoy. I'm just as fast on my 03 YZ and actually, the YZ is more to my liking, mainly due to the currant set up. The red bike will be the choice after the susp gets dialed in. Out of the box, you can feel the lightness in the corners, its similar to my 02 YZ 250F.

Regarding the rags, their giving their opinions on which bone stock bike is the Best. After you spend $$$$$ to dial in your bike, these

mods equalize all bikes..............

So with enough $$$$$, any bike can be made competitive....

I installed a Dunlop 756 prior to the MX Class, either the tire made a huge difference or the Class was very beneficial........ :) because I was a cornering fool........... :)

David

I installed a Dunlop 746 prior to the MX Class, either the tire made a huge difference or the Class was very beneficial........ :)

The 746 is a reworked 756 right? (TOO EARLY FOR ME TO)

How did you like it??

The 746 is a reworked 756 right?

How did you like it??

LOL, to early for me, Dunlop 756................ :)

David

Me personally, I liked the 755 Dunlop which is a soft tire and came stock on both my 02 & 03 Candian YZ's. The 756 is better than the 742 imo. I had to change the 742 ASAP and the bike shop only had the 756 in stock. My next purchase I'll go with the soft tire 755 or equivilant. The tire wears fast, but I like the planted feel..............