HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markvan

Aftermarket carbs - Opinions...

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking of purchasing a new carb to replace the stock, (mostly because I am missing a piece that cannot be bought from yamaha , unless you buy the entire carb....for $1800)

Who has tried any different carbs, pumper vs non pumper, brand A vs brand B etc.....

What's the feedback on the aftermarket carbs available?

oh ya, and of course.... bang for the buck, what's this gonna cost

Thanks guys,

Cheers.

Mark...

I would look around for a used carb... you'll save a ton of $$ even compared to an aftermarket one.

Search for posts by YZFan. He's got a 400 and loves the Edlebrock carb he got for it. If you've got an older YZ then may be it's better than another stocker?

Search for posts by YZFan. He's got a 400 and loves the Edlebrock carb he got for it. If you've got an older YZ then may be it's better than another stocker?

Edelbrock all the way, you'll be glad you got one.

Thanks for the advice guys..... I'll check out the aftermarket and compare to replacing the stock.....

What part are you missing you can get any part for your carb here http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~mp_id~~mscssid~3K4JNR5BHB2F9PB6W8C488SLT66XBPP9~schem_dept_id~852666~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM +%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2003~model_dept_mfr~Yamaha~model_dept_id~845675~model_dept_name~YZ450FR.asp