2002 Yzf 426 $2,995

Thinking of buying an 02 YZF 426 at a dealership, they will not budge on the $2,995 price tag. The bodywork is complete but ragged out, mechanicly seems sound but who knows once I roll it out of the shop. Is this a decent price? The bike looks like it has been around the block a few times.

What are everyones thoughts?

Thinking of buying an 02 YZF 426 at a dealership, they will not budge on the $2,995 price tag. The bodywork is complete but ragged out, mechanicly seems sound but who knows once I roll it out of the shop. Is this a decent price? The bike looks like it has been around the block a few times.

What are everyones thoughts?

It's not scientific but its reasonable to assume that if the outside of the bike was treated like ass, the inside (air filter cleaning, oil changes, valve adjustments etc) might be treated similarly.

Even if this bike was only 2k, it may be ready to blow out everything so I'd move on.

I agree with Motogaolie, I was looking on e-bay last night and there seemed to be a decent, low hours 426 for sale, my advice is to shop around and don't get in a hurry to buy.

As a side note I tried to sell my low hours (<15 now) immaculate 02 426 on TT for a few months at $3500 and didn't even get a bite. I've decided to keep it rather than give it away.

Get a good one and you won't be sorry, they are a great bike.

Sounds like your in a hurry I know how you feel I was too when I decided to buy, but look around,good things come to those who look around,also go with that gut feeling,if it don't feel right don't buy it,when I found what I the one I wanted, at the time there was another one just like it down the road for $200.00 less but It just didn't feel right.So far the one I bought has been flawless.

See what I'm saying?

I also agree if it looks bad it may have not been taken care of.

Yep, I have put this bike in the back of my mind, way in the back for that matter. I'm not real impressed with the dealership either. While looking at other bikes I got the impression that they could care less if they really sold one. It's amazing that dealership owners will put their livelyhood in the hands of these 20 something kids that could care less if their business sinks or swims, I have seen it elsewhere as well.