Engine problems

undefined MY 2004 yz450f is making strange noises. usually dont ask these questions because i know my fair shair of motorcycle mechanics (not to bragg). But every time i strt my bike it never seems to want to stay running then once i can keep it running in backfires non stop until about 30 min. into the ride. CAN U GUYS/GIRLS HELP ME!!!!! :):):D

i would check the boot around the carb for leaks and also make sure that there is no exhaust leak as well.

When was the last time you had the carb off and cleaned it? I took mine off once and while i put it back the float got stuck. Just some suggestions :)

undefined MY 2004 yz450f is making strange noises. usually dont ask these questions because i know my fair shair of motorcycle mechanics (not to bragg). But every time i strt my bike it never seems to want to stay running then once i can keep it running in backfires non stop until about 30 min. into the ride. CAN U GUYS/GIRLS HELP ME!!!!! :):):D

Thats the same sound that mine makes when I forget turn the petcock on ! Smartass comments aside , if it sounds like it's running out of gas , it probably is . I concur with MxHuggy on carb cleanliness but probably not on the exhaust leak , usually those pops and bangs come during closed throttle/decel .

Moral of story ; Check/clean carb , couldn't hurt to check for dirt in the petcock either .