POLL on Oil Cast your VOTE!

silkolene full syn

Great post I stood at the Rotella end cap for about 20 min. I had studied it before when I investigated the best oil for my Sentra Se-R Spec-v, it was a very suitable oil, base 3 hydrocracked base oil with tons of great additives, and anti-soot protection, however I had forgotten the molecular quantities, thanx a million. :)

I ahte polls with out polls even if it is about what oil to lube your bike with :)

AMSOIL 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil. Very low volatility, very high heat high shear stablility (beats mobil 1, motul, maxima, many others) very low wear scar, excellent clutch performance, very high viscosity index, cost competive vs. other synthetics. See the comparison charts here.

Plus it makes a great side line business for racers to help defray/deduct racing costs.

Motorex 10W50

Hey John, don't hate, I am sorry if this is not a poll poll, all I want is for you to post what kind of oil you use, and your reasons why, so I can compile this into a spreadsheet. Cool, Thanx man

Well I just put in 1.80 qts. of Valvoline 20w-50, I will run it this weekend @ Kentuk ORV, (if anyone is in the area come on over we will be there @ 7:00 am PM me if interested) and then I will change the oil next weekend. Clutch felt smoother, but we will see what oil smells like when ran hard. She is atleast a base 3 aromatic, smells very similiar to Castorl 0w-40 made in Germany. Next change will be Rotella T, and we will go from there. Cya

I have had good luck w/Golden Spectrol 10w-40w, synth blend. Been running it in my old 01 YZ250F and now in the new 05YZ450F. I ride at least 6 times a month. I can not tell you w/conviction how the internal parts look, but that is a good thing! :) I have not had to do anything more than check the valve. I change the oil at least every 3 hours of actual ride time per the hour meter.

Yamalube.

chevron delo 400 diesel oil...cuz rekluse auto clutch said so

Silkolene 4T. Cause its red...

I run 10w-40 Golden Spectro in my bike. It is an synthetic blend, works great for me. :)

Another vote for Valvoline 10-40 thumper oil. Less than 3.00 a quart. Can be found at Auto-Zone or most any Meijer store.

JASO MA, API,SF/SG/SJ

Have never had any clutch problems useing this oil. Change at the end of every race day. Three dollars is cheap insurance for making your motor live longer......!!

Yamalube

YammieLube here...

Hey John, don't hate, I am sorry if this is not a poll poll, all I want is for you to post what kind of oil you use, and your reasons why, so I can compile this into a spreadsheet. Cool, Thanx man

the search function does work here ya know IMO its lazyness that causes these types of Posts :)

Motul 3100 ..........

yamalube

Pretty much any main brand semi synth. I change it about every 1000 miles (road use only). 20,000+ miles, goes great. Pig to start and always will be but great fun....

Amsoil 10w40 motorcycle oil new formulation, I can get it for 5.99 a quart a work.