Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHEEZE13

So for the last time

8 posts in this topic

Ya know I am a engineer by profession and am concerned with the facts, however I walk away from all the oil type posts, and I am like scratching my head, a lot of great scientific data was presented from analysis, the only thing that was not there was a definative buy this it is the best this this and this. I feel a lot has to do with frequency of change and with tha being said makes Delvac or Rotella plausible, but I need the straight scoop, framed independantly within the parameters of cost per performance, interval of change, proper clutch lub. etc. etc. :)

I'm not an engineer, just the guy up the road and use MOTUL300v SPORT, It was recommended to me by a UK MX Racing team manager and is sponsored by Putoline and gets all their products free. His words were we have to pay for the Motul just like anybody else but the specification of this oil is second to none, look at the sheer factor. this guy is 62 years old his experience and knowledge is unparalleled, enough said.

I use Rotella T synth. I recently tore my motor down due to an un-oil related problem. Everything looks brand new, bike has never missed a shift (only I have :)) and I'm going to reuse it after my $1k+ rebuild. I ride in the Cali high desert which isnt the nicest place on earth for oil.

I'm not an engineer, just the guy up the road and use MOTUL300v SPORT, It was recommended to me by a UK MX Racing team manager and is sponsored by Putoline and gets all their products free. His words were we have to pay for the Motul just like anybody else but the specification of this oil is second to none, look at the sheer factor. this guy is 62 years old his experience and knowledge is unparalleled, enough said.

I agree on Motul (although I'm using 3100)....even though it pains me to support the frogs ! I have to give credit where it's due and I've liked all of the Motul chemicals/oils that I've used . Anecdotal and not empirical evidence but if a bunch of Englishmen are actually paying for it , it's got to work !

I agree on Motul (although I'm using 3100)....even though it pains me to support the frogs ! I have to give credit where it's due and I've liked all of the Motul chemicals/oils that I've used . Anecdotal and not empirical evidence but if a bunch of Englishmen are actually paying for it , it's got to work !

Sure, but the question is are the Germans paying for it, as they have been the Frenchies daddies a couple of times in the last century :)

And I don't care if its got magical healing properties. It's bad enough I gotta buy my oil and gas from Saudi resources ultimately. I'm not giving any coin to some Frenchie concern. But Hurrah! to them for finally waking up and vetoeing the EU constitution that would enslave all of Europe.

[/end political rant]

Sure, but the question is are the Germans paying for it, as they have been the Frenchies daddies a couple of times in the last century :)

And I don't care if its got magical healing properties. It's bad enough I gotta buy my oil and gas from Saudi resources ultimately. I'm not giving any coin to some Frenchie concern. But Hurrah! to them for finally waking up and vetoeing the EU constitution that would enslave all of Europe.

[/end political rant]

Speaking as the son of a German and owning the superiority complex that comes with the bloodine ; No , we Germans dont buy it , we take it !