HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Something slightly strange.....

4 posts in this topic

Tell me if this should make the national enquirer.....

I have never, ever had problems getting my bike started, wither it was cold, freezing cold or 120 degrees but it has always taken a few attempts before she would light up. But last weekend it was about 12 degrees here in Missouri. After trailoring my bike home (1 hour drive) after a nice ride I stopped and washed it at a local car wash. After washing I always start it up just to burn off any moisture.

To my amazement it started on the first kick! Without the choke!!! OOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Most of the time after it sits for 10 minutes after riding it, it has to be choked.

Should I call Ripley's on this one?

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

Did you leave the gas on during the haul?

I had a similar experience once with a '78 Maico 440. The beast started first kick, no choke to my amazement. :)

No. I didnt leave the gas on during the transport.

I guess I just see a lot of people coming into this site and complaning about not being able to start their bike when I find it so amazingly easy.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

I agree with you Mr. Milk!

I haven't had a problem since the first day I had my bike, 1 or 2nd kick everytime...

OK...OK...I did say "since the first day". The guys as the dealer couldn't get it started either!!!! :):D :D

------------------

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender