HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frostbite

More Traction

11 posts in this topic

Anybody else looking at these? Mine just landed. I'm waiting for a 19 inch rear wheel to arrive so I can mount the track and test it out.

A hard rubber ring mounts on a 19 inch wheel and replaces the tire. It becomes the drive sprocket for the track which has a contact patch of about 5 inches wide and about 24 inches long. A special rim lock keeps it from slipping on the rim. 2 rollers in the back keep the track centered and in touch with the ground. It mounts to the bike with the stock rear axle and 2 swingarm brackets. The stock chain adjusters set the chain tension and another set of adjusters set belt tension. Total weight is about 20 pounds.

Nice. I would love to try one! Let us know how it works. I know I'm going to get slammed for this ? but do you have snow this time of year?

That looks pretty neat, & relatively affordable compared with other trac systems. I wonder how well it handles jump landings? I suspect that you probably don't get airborne much in the type of terrain that a setup like that would be used, but I would think that it's not entirely out of the question.

frostbite.

can you put the ski on the front too and post a pic.

that'll be one top picture for the garage wall.

is that for snow only? looks like it would make a wicked hillclimb set up.......

just nail it and hang on.

thanks for sharing this with us.

Nice. I would love to try one! Let us know how it works. I know I'm going to get slammed for this ? but do you have snow this time of year?

Well, it’s snowing today, we still have lots of snow, the bay is still frozen and folks are still snowmobiling, - but – August and September the ground is usually bare. It’s normal to get a snow flurry or 2 but it melts right away.

The Attrax video shows the track running mainly in dirt and they are bouncing off of some decent jumps. I’m sure the extra 20 pounds of unsprung weight will be easy to feel but the bikes in the video seem to handle normally.

When my wheel arrives I’ll post some pics with the ski and track mounted. I’m thinking that the track will work a lot better than my paddle tire for water crossings. Maybe I’ll be able to stay up indefinitely with the track. :)

Holy sheeet!! That thing is wild.

Yet again, frostbite, you blow us away!!

Post some action shots won't you?

when that thing snaps and wacks ya in the back of the head your gonna know it :)

Getting slapped in the head by the track doesn’t seem so bad when you’ve spent the past few years avoiding unintentional acupuncture. :)

Getting slapped in the head by the track doesn’t seem so bad when you’ve spent the past few years avoiding unintentional acupuncture. :)

uhh ya,i think i'd want to ride in the back of that pack :) or are you the only one of your kind up there? i'm guessin' you just might be :D

uhh ya,i think i'd want to ride in the back of that pack :) or are you the only one of your kind up there? i'm guessin' you just might be :)

You guessed right, I do run with a pack of sledders regularly, but no winter bikers so far.