02 426 Stalling on downhills w/Rekluse

I have a 02 426 with Rekluse clutch 158 mj and stock pj, air screw out 2 turns and when I go down steep hills in gear it will stall. I have also done the BK Mod and run a PowerNow. The installed gap in OK on the Rekluse.

I ride at 1500 feet up to 4800 feet.

I have turned up the idle and it will still stall. If I turn up the idle too high then the bike will go down hill a little faster than I want it too.

Do I have a clutch issue or a carb issue?

Thanks for any advice.

I have a 02 426 with Rekluse clutch 158 mj and stock pj, air screw out 2 turns and when I go down steep hills in gear it will stall. I have also done the BK Mod and run a PowerNow. The installed gap in OK on the Rekluse.

I ride at 1500 feet up to 4800 feet.

I have turned up the idle and it will still stall. If I turn up the idle too high then the bike will go down hill a little faster than I want it too.

Do I have a clutch issue or a carb issue?

Thanks any advice.

Island Dude.... Does the bike stall when you are in Neutral going down a hill. This will tell you wheter it is a Carb or Clutch issue. Just a thought.

- RCD

The bike idles fine downhill, it is just when I am in gear going downhill real slow that it cuts out and stalls.

I know many of you out there were itchin to reply to my questions about my bike, but you no longer need to worry about my situation. :)

I called Rekluse and they pointed out that I made the rookie mistake of leaving the spring attached to the clutch acutator arm on the engine.

If you are looking to install the Rekluse make sure you follow the instructions very closely, unlike myself.

Thanks to Charles at Rekluse!