When will Yamaha release the 06 models?

What time of year do the bike makers release their new models?

the WR's have always been late...Like November...

maybe mid july or august I think

Usually production from one model year ends in mid August and the new models start in mid August. Usually, it takes about 1 month from production lines to the dealers floor. But this can vary depending on complete new model with lots of changes. It can be released either early if they are ahead of schedule or late if they are behind. Somtimes just keeping you guys waiting in anticipation is part of the game. So I guess expect them in mid September, but dont hold your breath. :)

I wanna say around Sept / October. The '06 will probably not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

Around Here They Come In Late Oct.-nov.

The '06 will probably not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

That's what I was thinking but our local Yami shop is certain that both the YZF's and WR's will have aluminum frames for 2006. I guess we'll all know in a couple of weeks when they announce the 2006 models at the Indy show. :)

the current motocross action has photos of the yzf 250 with aluminum frame, but no wr's yet.

That's what I was thinking but our local Yami shop is certain that both the YZF's and WR's will have aluminum frames for 2006.

Same here.

...not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

Hey, sometimes the difference between winning and losing comes right down to the "bold new graphics" :)

I could be wrong but here's a theory:

Yamaha retooled for '05 to keep pace with 450X and KTM. Suzuki is geared up for MX 450's and Kawasaki is also gearing up for MX 450's. Yamaha will step up the MX450 in '06 and then be ready for the '07 year when hopefully all the manufacturers release their off-road competitive machinery. It'll be nice too because all the different dealers will have top notch products and hopefully keep prices in check (although I expect msrps to be around 7K). Maybe by then I'll be out of the peewee class ... :)