someone please settle this......

will the WR450 stator fit in the YZ if i use the WR flywheel also?? i want the lights but without spending the $1000+ for a aftermarket kit.

No.

The WR uses an "inside out" flywheel to accommodate the drive for the e-start. The stator mounts in the outer cover, and the WR ignition cover will not fit the YZ450F crankcase. You need an aftermarket solution for this one. :)

DANG IT! ok thanks

What about using a non-happy button (WR400-426) stator and flywheel? Don't know if they will work...just kinda thinkin' out loud...

I don't think the 426 stuff will fit under the 450's rather compact ignition cover, and I don't think the 450 will fit a cover from any other YZF, but it might. The gaskets are different PN's....

all you have to get is a lighting coil from Moose Hard Parts, and an acerbis head light/tail light, spend right around 300 or so depeding on the bike. check that stuff out.

I don't think the 426 stuff will fit under the 450's rather compact ignition cover, and I don't think the 450 will fit a cover from any other YZF, but it might. The gaskets are different PN's....

it won't work anyway you look at it,the crank has a different taper on the wr(03-05)than the yz